Nov 4, 2012

Could Not Find Installable ISAM


I am doing my M.S. Software engineering in a reputed university near my locality. As an assignment in the academic year, I was instructed to do a project to boost up my internal marks.  As I am quiet interested in Database Management system, I decided to move on with the database management system project. Prior to the commencement of the project design, I planned the entire required infrastructure to be implemented in that particular database. After framing all the codes, I started my project with full energy. In few days, I was in a situation of finishing the design of the front end to attract the users who are utilizing the database system.

In the back end, for testing out the project, I started with using Microsoft Access 2003. Actually, I crafted all the attributes for the system required for the proper Database maintenance. After that, I tried to export files in Access to the database system, I was not able to find some files which is required for exporting purposes in the Dialog Box called Export. First, I thought there might be some minute errors in the system and to clarify it, I linked some files in Microsoft access. But, it resulted in an addled state that, even I didn’t find some important files in the Link box.

When I researched out for a while, I found that Microsoft Access was not able to detect the ISAM (Indexed Sequential Access Method) driver. Generally, the Access will be making use of the ISAM driver for updating the file formats which is required. Finally, I explored that the error message could not find installable isam will occur, if the Windows registry which is responsible for formulating course to the ISAM driver is not applicable. As a result, due to this error message, the wizard will not able to access details in “<pathname>”. I was badly in the situation of finding the solution for this problem, as I need to submit the project to my Dean within the prescribed time. So, I searched for the support from the search engine for overcoming this tribulation.

After continuous search I acquired an exact solution for my problem. With the assistance of the solution, I was able to complete my project feasibly within no time and scored more marks in those examinations too. I believe that the solution will be also an aid for your problem. Initially, you have to correct the flaws in the pathname registry. After correcting, you have to replace the file which was having issues. This ISAM driver error is having the possibility of connection between the file name and executed operation. You have to find out the exact file name in the directory. When I was not able to find the file, I got the support from the Windows Explorer. After locating the file, with the help of the registry editor, I corrected the pathname which was having errors. If still, the error occurs, you have to rename it. If these steps didn’t work out, the next option, you have to proceed with repairing or installing the office setup again which is located in the Add/Remove Programs of the Control panel.

No comments: